Feb 8, 2010

Opening Ceremonies!!

I lied - we have one ticket! Well, Lewis has one ticket and he's already used it. Opening ceremonies dress rehearsal number one (there are two). The ceremonies got rave reviews by him, not me as I didn't go because I didn't have a ticket, but I won't dwell on that as Lewis feels guilty enough. I've tried for 2 hours for affordable closing ceremonies tickets but so far no luck - this may be a very uninteresting blog! We are arranging for our own opening ceremonies party at Red Card - an Italo-chic sports bar in the next block, also host to the Italian Olympic team, somehow it all seems very appropriate for us. Thanks to our friend Donna for getting us organized!

While we have no official tickets, the city is definitely buzzing. Random light shows appear from all bodies of water surrounding us, fireworks periodically go off, and lots of Team Russia, or perhaps they just have the most visible jackets.

The City is getting better and more manageable with each day approaching the Olympics - traffic is greatly reduced as they've closed many of the major roads into downtown, and shortly a number of streets, including ours, will become pedestrian only - it is going to be so civilized that I fear going back to the traffic and congestion that people seem to accept as normal will be a huge drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment